Czech manufacturer and supplier of innovative technologies in industrial automation and mechanization.
Hot Air Riveting
Heat Staking is technology for joining plastic parts by making heads on pins of one joined part. The pin is made right on one of the plastic part. By heating a pin the pin´s head is shaped and immediately cooled down.The melting of the entire geometry of pin through a flow of hot air. The punch is used to shape head of pin.
General benefits of Heat Staking:
- Clean technology - there is no dirt (e.g powder) like during ultrasonic welding.
- To the connection of the parts is not necessary additional components such as screws, rivets, ...
- Joined parts are loaded by minimal force, there are no vibration nor shocks.
- Joined parts are under no thermal stress.
- That´s why the technology is suitable for decorative sensitive parts such as PCB, parts of headlights, parts of appliance, visible caps, etc.
- Suitable for metalized parts and parts filled with glass or other fillers.
- Suitable for materials PC, PC-HT, PC/ABS, PMMA, POM, PP, PE, PA.
Advantages of hot air riveting:
- Melting the entire volume of the pin and then the entire volume demolition pin at once, therefore higher bond strength, limited outlet of the joint.
- Joining of materials containing glass up to 50%.